How to Send Texts for SMS Marketing Follow
The SMS Marketing feature allows CardTapp Pro package users to text Tappers from a unique business line. This feature allows users to:
- Start a text message thread with an individual Tapper
- Text a group of people from the TappTracker app or the desktop dashboard
- Schedule text messages to send at a later date from the desktop dashboard.
The text message comes from a business line instead of a personal cell phone number and appears as an individual (one-to-one) message. Responses come back in an individual thread. This feature is a great way to keep personal and business texts separate and to quickly send messages to Tappers who are at the same buying stage, interested in the same products & services, or were at the same event.
Texting from the desktop dashboard
- Log in to the desktop dashboard and click the 'SMS Messages' tab
- Click the blue, "New Message" button at the top left of the Messaging window
Select a recipient from the Tapper list that appears. Use the search bar if needed. (Note: This process only allows you to text one Tapper. To text multiple Tappers at once from the desktop dashboard, use the SMS Campaign feature)
4. Type in your message at the bottom of the unique text message thread that appears or click the folder icon to select a message template
5. Click the blue arrow to send the message
The Tapper's text thread includes any previous messages. Select any existing thread in this window to review messages, check for replies, or send a new message.
Texting from TappTracker
1. Open TappTracker and navigate to the "SMS Messaging" tab in the bottom menu
2. Click the blue "+" button in the bottom-right corner
3. Select the individual[s] you want to receive your message from the Tapper list or click the tag icon to filter by a specific tag. Learn more about adding tags to Tappers.
4. Compose your message or click the folder icon to select a predefined text template (texts to individual Tappers will display in a unique thread)
5. Review your message, click the "Send" button, and then the "OK" button to confirm
Want to schedule text messages for a later date? Check out how with SMS Campaigns.