Build Strong Referral Partnerships Follow
Referrals are the lifeblood of a successful business. The foundation of any strong referral partnership is both parties providing value to one another in a mutually beneficial way. Obviously, respect the basic fundamentals of a successful partnership: provide extraordinary service to the referrals they send your way, send them business in return, and avoid competing directly with or recommending others who offer any services your referral partner provides are a critical starting point, but it takes more than the bare minimum to build a strong referral channel.
Consider the following ideas to build a strong, mutually beneficial referral partnership:
- Promote not only your partner's business but other interests like important causes or foundations. Consider donating to or volunteering with organizations they value.
- Pool resources and plan (or participate in) an upcoming event to benefit both businesses. You can share marketing costs, event expenses, and more, nurturing your relationship in the process.
- Send thank you cards or small gifts to show appreciation for valuable referrals.
- Invite your referral partner to a networking or educational event to give them an opportunity to grow their business.
- Connect regularly with your referral partner to share information or to say thank you.
- Consider co-branding your app with your referral partner's information so that they receive value each time they share your app!