CardTapp 201: Session 1 - Using the Dashboard Follow
Welcome to CardTapp 201!
Advanced Features (Using the Dashboard)
With the basics behind us, we're moving on to a review of some of our advanced features. In this first session of our advanced features, we'll look at how to manage Tapper data. The desktop dashboard lends itself to this since it's on a computer, but we'll review how complete applicable tasks within TappTracker as well.
For this session, you will need:
- Your computer
- Your cell phone
- Your login credentials
in the last session of Module 2, we looked at how monitoring Tapper activity helps you make the most out of your CardTapp solution. In this session, we'll look at how to categorize and use that data.
You’ve likely heard the phrase "garbage in, garbage out" before and it holds true with your Tapper data, so make sure all of your Tapper data is clean and accurate. If you need to make any adjustments, it’s easy to edit a Tapper's contact information:
- Navigate to your Tapper list in your dashboard or in TappTracker
- Click on a Tapper's name you want to adjust; then click "edit" in the Tapper's profile if in TappTracker
- Type the desired adjustments in the appropriate text box of the Tapper Profile.
- Click the save button
Next, let’s look at how you can add tags to these Tappers. Tags allow you to filter your Tappers by various statuses, categories, or other identifying factors you want to keep track of. First, let’s look at how to add tags in the dashboard:
- Click in the tags column next to the Tapper you would like to classify
- Select from the existing list or start typing a custom tag; if adding a new tag push the Enter key on your keyboard to add the new tag to the list
- Click any tag from the dropdown list to deselect and remove it from the Tapper
This process tends to be easier in your desktop dashboard because you are working on your computer, but if you’re out and about and find you need to make an adjustment, you can do these things in your TappTracker app as well. The process is very similar:
- Navigate to the 'Tappers' tab of your TappTracker app
- Select the Tapper you would like to categorize and click the "Edit" button in their Tapper record
- Click the "Tags" field
- Select from the existing list or start typing a custom tag; if adding a new tag push the return/enter key on your phone's keyboard to add the new tag to the list
- Click the "x" next to any tag to remove it from the Tapper's record
- Click the "Save" button
To filter by tags, type the desired tag into the search bar of the dashboard or click the tag icon and select a tag from the dropdown in the TappTracker 'Tappers' tab.
We’ll conclude this session with a quick look at how to export Tapper data from the system. This feature is less important if you have a CRM integration set up, but it can still be a helpful way to add value to referral partners:
- Navigate to the 'Tappers' tab of your desktop dashboard
- Scroll to the bottom and click the "Download Tapper Data" button
The download should start automatically. If not, follow prompts to download the file.
Need Help? Check out the video above or the following articles: