CardTapp 201: Session 4 - Advanced App Customization Follow
Advanced Features (Advanced App Customization)
With the basics behind us, we're moving on to a review of some of our advanced features. In this final session of our advanced features module, we'll go beyond making basic edits to your app and review how to customize your app to stay relevant with current industry trends or market changes.
For this session, you will need:
- Your computer
- URLs or documents with any tools or resources you want to include in your app
You can customize the buttons and tabs on your app, which is especially great when the market or your industry is changing. Your buttons link to external resources, so if there’s a new resource or tool you want your Tappers to be aware of, you can add a button. You can even add a video into your app. Just record and upload it to the video hosting site of your choice. To highlight something on your app, simply reorder the buttons on your app and move the item you want to highlight towards the top of your home page. This creates an incredibly dynamic app and can help your prospects feel more connected with you. To adjust buttons:
- Log in to your dashboard and navigate to the 'Buttons' tab
- Click the app tab you want to customize and select 'Add a Button'
- Enter the title for your button in the "Button Label" field and select an "Action Type" from the dropdown menu (usually an External Web link).
- Locate and copy the website address you would like the button to access
- Paste the website in the "Link/URL" field and click the Save icon.
You will see the app update in the preview.
That was how you can link to external resources that already exist on a site. If you want to upload some of your own documents - maybe forms that you frequently send to clients or flyers you provide to realtors on a regular basis, you can do that using the in-app documents feature.
- Log in to your desktop dashboard and click the 'Resources' tab
- Navigate to the 'Documents' section of the Resources tab if necessary
- Select the "Add a Document" button then give your new document a name, select URL (paste the site in the "Document URL" field) or File (click the green "Upload" button and select the file from your computer) then click the "Save" button.
Add as many documents as you would like to your documents. Once you add documents, you’ll need a way for Tappers to access them. To link to your in-app documents, select Document from the "Action Type" dropdown when creating a new button. The button will link to your document library rather than a single file, so be sure to give the button a general name.
Use the edit icon to adjust existing buttons. You can also delete (the x next to the button) or hide (circle with a slash through it) buttons using the corresponding icons. Deleting a button is permanent and must be confirmed while hiding a button can be reversed.
Note: Many members in enterprise accounts must have approval from their company leadership to make adjustments to buttons.
Need Help? Check out the video above or the following articles: